Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Informative Series




Our next assignment is to create a series of posters, or related pieces that expand upon the theme developed in our persuasive poster. For my inspiration, I have looked at 1950s advertisements showing ways to enhance your look. For example, make-up, tanning lamps, plastic surgery, and botox. I want to encorporate the saying, "Be Happy. Be Yourself", but I want the audience to be different in each poster within my series. For my teenage audience, I want to emphasize on fake tanner (I drew my inspirations from a 1950s ad which is posted). Also, for that same audience I had an idea about body weight and overall body image (another picture that I posted of a doll). Lastly, I thought of an older woman who has wrinkles where I could advertise/campaign for anti-wrinkle cream or botox. I really want to emphasize being comfortable in your own skin no matter how old, young, big, small, tall, short you are. I have attached a few pictures that I found that were funny and somewhat inspiring for this next project. Overall, I am excited to create a series using the same concept!

2 comments:

Angela Wang said...

Here is the link to the TIME magazine article I kept referring to: http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1658058,00.html.

Tessa said...

I'm really digging the doll/Barbie thing. If you can find a variety of body shapes in Barbies or dolls, the idea would be golden. I would be careful with that botox picture; it might scare some people! (then they would miss the message)