Friday, April 4, 2008

Printing Project


For our LAST PROJECT we are using a Vandercook press and polymer plate to create prints. This is going to be AWESOME! Anyways, our class is going to create designs that relate to the theme of "-made". Each of us were given a prefix for the term, and mine is 'man'. Therefore, I need to create a concept around the word man-made. We need to embrace the immediacy of our reactions to the term and for our next class we need some rough concept sketches. I have been brainstorming many ideas, and I thought of wrapping my concept nature vs. man. For instance, there are many things in our world today that we find nature has made, but what about the trees that are aligned perfectly in a row? or the fruits that are injected with chemicals to make bigger? I have been thinking of other instances where people have taken advantage of the beauty of nature. Skyscrapers, Powerlines, etc. There are so many things man-made, or (hu)man-made that I have no idea how to narrow this down! If you have any suggestions, let me know!

1 comment:

Angela Wang said...

I'm so excited by your ideas and encouraged by your enthusiasm. I think that the concept of man-made vs. nature is a good one to question and will create a very powerful design!